The countdown begins...although many of us have been thinking about the holidays since November 1st, December 1st marks the official start of all things Christmas (and if you are Christian, the preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus at Christmas). We're doing a family-oriented lead-up to Christmas by borrowing the 25 Days of Christmas idea from Andrea over at A Peek Inside the Fishbowl. I think this will be the first year both my girls will be able to take an active part in Christmas activities, and I'm really excited!
So, in no official order (I'll come and cross these off the list as we do them!):
1. Make REAL hot chocolate
2. Do a random act of kindness 3. Put together our Christmas Hamper 4. Go to the Ottawa Tea Festival for a Children's Tea Party! 5. Write and mail our Christmas cards 6. Make Christmas chocolates 7. Go get our real Christmas tree! 8. Decorate the Christmas tree 9. Visit the Cumberland Museum Village of Lights 10. Go see the Nutcracker 11. Purchase a special gift from Plan Canada 12. Bake some Christmas cookies 13. Spend all day in our PJs doing whatever the kids want - nowhere to go, and nothing to do but play!
14. Head to the library for some Christmas books to read
15. Have a family game night - pull out all the games we have and choose a few to play after dinner
16. If there's snow, take some food colouring outside and decorate the snow! (if no snow, drop food colouring into ice cube trays and play with coloured ice in the bath tub) 17. Make popcorn and watch Christmas movies 18. Go for a nighttime walk to see the Christmas lights 19. Santa and snowman crafts
20. Make a gingerbread house
21. School Christmas "spectacle" 22. Put together a Christmas stocking for the dog :) 23. Go sledding (c'mon snow!)
24. Go to work with Mommy for the morning
25. Christmas day! Cook, eat, open presents, and most of all....feel grateful for our wonderful family and loved ones who are far away.