Summer is just flying by. Given that my daughter is in the French-Catholic Board, she’ll be back to school on August 26th! Which means I’m starting to think about what we still need to do before summer ends, so that I don’t wake up in October kicking myself for letting the sun and sand pass me by:
1) BEACH DAY. I just can’t bring myself to go to a city beach for “beach day.” I love Petrie Island (given that I live in Orleans), and support my city as much as I can, but until the Province and City of Ottawa clean up our water, I’m totally grossed out. Instead, we will be enjoying the clean and sandy waters out in Bon Echo provincial park!
2) FAIR. There are so many great Ottawa-area fairs, and we are definitely going to check out the Navan Fair on August 9/10th! Although my girls don’t really enjoy crowds, I love that there are many different activities that don’t involve the noisy midway
3) FARM. Although our vegetable garden is huge, it certainly doesn’t compare to the greenery at Eco Honey Bee Spa and Gardens. It’s my favourite eco-spa in the Ottawa area, and Deborah welcomes families to come check out her beautiful gardens, doves, chickens and rabbits. And as a bonus, we can take a walk through Kemptville and stop at The Branch for lunch!
4) MOSAIKA. We still need to get my oldest out for the evening sound and light show on Parliament Hill. I think she’ll love it!!
5) POOL. I grew up with a pool, so it’s slightly sad that my kids don’t get to experience daily swimming in the backyard (although I’m not regretting the incredible costs and work associated with a pool!!). So before the summer is over, we plan to crash my friend’s backyard and use their pool to cool off
What do you hope to do before summer ends?