~ Kick start your holiday marketing with KIC! ~
At Kids in the Capital we help our readers by answering questions about places to visit, things to do, and where to shop with their families in the national capital area. For the second year in a row, we are helping our readers solve their holiday shopping dilemmas by providing them with an exclusive list of local products, stores, services, and more!
Throughout the month of November we will be featuring select businesses and gifts that will make holiday shopping a snap! Examples of businesses our readers love to learn about ->
- Socially responsible
- Mail subscription
- Educational apps/electronics
- Gifts for parents/grandparents (relaxation)
- Gifts for parents/grandparents (making memories)
- Experiences (Family Activities)
- Experiences (baby/toddler activities)
- The Great Outdoors
- Arts and Culture
Join KIC Holiday Shopping Campaign and participate in all of the following:
Four Campaign blog posts on Kids in the Capital, with a link to your site and/or product in each post ->
- Week 1: Blog Post #1: Introduce the Holiday Gift Giveaway that will be running throughout the month of November.
- Week 2: Blog Post #2: Brand founders share one of their favourite gift ideas
- Week 3: Blog Post #3: Brand founders share their favourite holiday traditions
- Spread throughout the month: Blog Post #4 Store Spotlights. Each member gets one personalized blog post highlighting their best gifts!*
One lucky winner will win a Holiday Gift Package via the introductory blog post (Blog Post #1) using Rafflecopter.
- Promoting blog posts on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram
- Shout-outs via our newsletter and social support for each brand throughout the month
* Blog content differs based on packages listed below
Get Your Business Involved ->
Package A: Business Spotlight ($300)
- Inclusion in the three blog posts outlined above.
- Your personalized blog post with content and up to four photos (provided by your business via questionnaire and email.) You will be sent standard questions to describe your business, the types of gifts people can find, some business highlights and products for specific audiences.
- Social media shout-outs: one post on Facebook, one group Instagram post featuring a product from your Spotlight and one dedicated Instagram post featuring a mix of your products.
Investment: $300 plus two prize packages (For example, a gift card, activity passes or product sample; minimum value $50 each). (Note: one package is for review and one is for the giveaway to be sent by you to the winner).
Package B: Business Review ($450)
- Inclusion in the three blog posts outlined above.
- Your personalized blog post involves a contributor visiting your store to chat with a representative, as well as sending follow up questions after the store visit via email. You will be asked to highlight some of the products that you want included in the post, and the contributor will take photos of items and of the location. If you do not have a location in Ottawa the review will be done based on items sent for review and photos and information provided by the business owner. The blog post also includes two to three links to your website and three to four original photographs.
- Social media shout-outs: one dedicated profile on Facebook, one Twitter post with image, one dedicated Instagram story, one group Instagram post featuring a product from your personalized blog post, and one dedicated Instagram Post on the store.
Investment: $450 plus two prize packages (minimum value $50 each) (For example, a gift card, activity passes or product sample; minimum value $50). (Note: one package is for review and one is for the giveaway to be sent by you to the winner).
Package C: Business Review with Video ($650) *Exclusive spots only!
- Your personalized blog post includes 2-3 links to your website, and 3-4 original photographs, as described in Package B. In addition to the three blog posts outlined above and your personalized blog post, this package also includes a 1-2 minute video. The video will be uploaded directly onto Facebook and then uploaded onto YouTube. This video will be made available for upload to your own Facebook and Youtube channel (please note: the video will include Kids in the Capital branding).
- Social media shout-outs: one dedicated profile on Facebook, one Twitter post with image, one dedicated Instagram story, one Instagram post featuring a product, one dedicated Instagram post on your store, and one mini-video to share on Instagram and/or Facebook.
- BONUS: you will also receive a FREE 100x100 ad on our website for the entire month of November - a $100 value!
- *Exclusive spots only: We are only accepting one business per category for this package. For example, only one toy store, one museum, etc.
Investment: $650 plus two prize packages (minimum value $50 each). (For example, a gift card, activity passes or product sample; minimum value $50). (Note: one package is for review and one is for the giveaway to be sent by you to the winner).
Reserve Your Spot!
If your target audience are parents, families and children in the National Capital Region this campaign will put your message in front of YOUR audience. If you are interested in participating, and we hope you are, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We'll send you a simple form to gather all the information needed to get you started. We look forward to hearing from you!
Take a look at some of the posts from last year's holiday campaign
Please note: 10% of the profits from this campaign will be donated to the Ottawa Food Bank to help make sure more families have enough to eat this Holiday season.