by Vicky When Joel gets off the school bus, he's ravenous. He walks in the front door and immediately asks 'what did you make today'. I don't always have time to bake after school snacks, but when I do I know he's a happy boy!
Recently I found this recipe for blueberry muffins with a crumb topping. I can honestly say they were the best muffins I have made, and they didn't last long! They were moist, loaded with blueberries, and the crumb topping was a nice touch! I highly recommend them:
Blueberry Crumb Topping Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Before you start, preheat oven to 400. Spray a muffin tin with Pam or use muffin liners.
- Mix the flour, sugar salt and baking powder and set aside. In a 1 cup measuring cup, place the vegetable oil, the egg and fill the rest of the cup to the top with milk. Stir carefully, and mix the liquids with the flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries, and spoon the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping. (Do not overload the muffins with the crumb topping or they will sink).
To Make Crumb Topping (optional):
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter (room temperature works best), and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl. Wisk with a fork and sprinkle on top of the muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.