Ottawa has some wonderful bloggers and we are lucky that many of them are Kids in the Capital contributors and readers! We want to share some of our favorite Ottawa parent bloggers on a more regular basis so we have introduced a series of posts called Parents in the Capital. Say hello to Lara!
2. What is your favourite activity to do with your kid(s) in Ottawa?
3. What is your favourite at home activity to do with your kid(s)?
4. What was the biggest surprise that parenthood has brought into your life? The source of strength and confidence I have gained. And both my kids are inspirations to me, they teach me to live more authentically, more real and more in the present.
- To keep family/friends informed of how things were going with the kids, it gives me a space to provide status updates.
- As a place to provide other cardiac families with our story of how we are raising a kid "with heart" because our parenting is different, our issues are sometimes different.
The number of museums and kid-friendly spaces where we can explore, learn and socialize with so many others in the community. I am also really appreciative of having CHEO and a great medical community so close to home, I know my kids, if and when they need it, can access great care.