Shopping & Sweets will hit Ottawa once again this Saturday December 1st and in case you aren't too sure if it's the right event for you, keep reading! 10. Support Local Businesses – Small businesses need our support in order to keep doing the wonderful things they do. All of the businesses taking part in Shopping & Sweets 2012 are local small businesses. It is important to give them our support all year round, and especially during the holiday shopping season.
9. Great Event to Attend With Friends – Chatting, shopping, cupcakes…all fun things to do with friends. Give a friend you haven’t spent time with in a while a call and come on down!
8. Holiday Shopping – We have a large variety of vendors participating in our event, so there’s a very good chance you will be able to get many on your shopping list checked off! (and maybe even pick up a few things for yourself!)
7. Learn something new – We bet that by coming out to the Shopping & Sweets event that you will discover a new local business (or two…or more!) you didn’t even know existed! They may even offer something that you had been looking for. Who knows? Come on out to see what you will discover!
6. Goodie bags! – The first 50 shopper to arrive to Shopping & Sweets will receive a bag filled with coupons, promotions, samplers and great info from all of our participating retailers & service providers.
5. Prizes! – We have had some very generous businesses donate pretty amazing prizes in order to make things a little “sweeter” for you, the shopper. All items will make up our grand door prize. All you need to do is show up and fill out a ballot at our welcome table for your chance to win!
4. Baz’Art- Once again, we will be running our show at the same time as the annual Baz’Art show, an event designed to showcase local artists and artisans. Baz’Art will be taking place on the lower level of The Shenkman Arts Centre. Read more about Baz’Art.
3. Change of scenery– We all know what the malls and their parking lots are like at this time of year. Yikes. Shopping & Sweets will be taking place at the gorgeous Shenkman Arts Centre. Parking is plentiful and the building is beautiful, spacious and decorated for the holiday season. There will also be a Christmas Choir performing throughout the day. You’ll love the festive atmosphere.
2. Charity – 100% of the proceeds from our cupcake sales will go directly to our charities and in addition, all proceeds from table sales (after expenses) will also be donated. Win win for everyone involved!
Our chosen charities for 2012 are: The Caring and Sharing Exchange: Christmas Exchange Program, and the Orleans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre. These organizations helps families in need during the holidays and as we all know, this is the time of year that they need us the most.
1. Cupcakes – We are very excited to be working with Kim and Doreen, the two talented bakers behind the local Orleans business, Vanilla Gourmet Cupcakes. Take a look through their creations for a little taste of what you will be able to purchase at the event.
Hope to see you on Saturday December 1st!
Shoppers: Free Admission!
Date: December 1, 2012
Time: 11am - 3pm
Where: Shenkman Arts Centre, Orleans, ON