1) Take a ride on the train
The train currently runs every day except Mondays, 10AM to 6PM. Cost is $3 per person for an 8-minute ride, and you can pay cash or debit. Most suitable for kids under 8.
2) Walk the new pedestrian street
So many fun games and places to sit along this new pedestrian street!
3) Take a picture with the Ottawa sign…while eating ice cream
4) Visit Librairie du Soleil
A wonderful independent French bookstore - watch out if you take a bookworm there, as you’re guaranteed to leave with a few books ;)
5) Find the Tin House
8) Get a cookie where Obama famously did in 2009
9) Grab a bite to eat at Zak’s Diner
Kids love this traditional diner, where they can get all their favourite foods AND be loud.
10) Listen to some of the buskers
The Byward Market is full of super talented folks, and kids love stopping to listen and dropping a toonie for the performers!