You may have noticed a number of new sponsors in our side bar this month. We're thrilled to welcome some new partners to Kids in the Capital and over the next few weeks will be introducing them all to you.
A few fun facts about their camps:
- Camps include Day Camp (age 2-15), Traveling Sports Camp (age 7-15) and 15 amazing Specialty Camps (age 5-15).
- Instructional swimming lessons and a daily free swim in our outdoor pool are included in Traveling Sports Camp and Day Camp.
- Each week of Day Camp offers a unique and exciting theme: Lets get the Party Started! Super Soakin’ Adventure, Yummy in my Tummy, Under the J Sea Sea, Life is a Highway, Topsy Turvy Spirit, Hunters and Scavengers and Blast off Week.
- The Traveling Sports Camp is truly a unique experience as it is the only camp in town that takes campers on an exciting field trip every day. Campers spend the morning at the Soloway JCC where they learn a wide range of sports. After lunch they hop on a bus for a different adventure every day. Some trips planned for this summer include horseback riding, ice skating, bowling, go-karting, water skiing, NCC beaches and much more.
- New to the Specialty Camps roster this year are Radical Reactions – Chemistry and Crime, Powered Up LEGO and Photography Camp. Our most popular Specialty Camps, back for another season include Girls on the Go, Fit Kids Have Fun! Horseback Riding Camp, The Great Adventure, Tennis Camp, You Go Girl! Triple Threat, Soccer Camp, Summertime Splash, Basketball Camp, Girl Power Camp and Last Blast.
- The JCC's mature and highly qualified staff is chosen for their ability to work with children and a low counsellor-to-camper ratio further ensures that everything they do, at all of the camps, is safe and fun. Day Camp staff includes teachers and early childhood educators, many Traveling Sports Camp counsellors are university students and Specialty Camps instructors are all experts in their field and have experience with children.
- JCC of Ottawa Summer Camps take place at the Soloway JCC and have access to great on-site facilities including indoor saltwater and outdoor pool, full size gymnasium, air conditioned camp rooms, social halls, kid friendly play structures and large grassy fields for playing.
Check out their site for more information and help us in welcoming this new fabulous sponsor!
The Soloway JCC welcomes everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ability. Anyone can be a member and take advantage of our fantastic facilities and outstanding programs.
Have you started thinking about summer camp yet?